HP iPAQ h6300 Pocket PC Series ROM Update (Global Languages Support Only)
GSM Firmware version 541d Update:
Fixes issue where dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) did not work with interactive voice response (IVR) systems.
Fixes GSM/GPRS settings to handle connectoid name with more than 20 characters.
Fixes issue where Inbox attachments from certain ISPs were unable to be sent over the GPRS connection.
Wireless LAN Driver build 62:
Fixes issue that occurred with tunneled transport layer security (TTLS) server certificate validation.
Fixes unrecognizable characters that are displayed during login when using TTLS with MS-CHAP2.
Fixes LEAP authentication to redisplay login prompt after tapping Cancel.
Changes display name to "HP iPAQ Wi-Fi Wireless Adapter."
Bluetooth build 188.8.131.5201:
Fixes inaccurate display of headset icon when a call is in progress.
Adds a check to determine if Bluetooth stack is initialized before accepting messages from phone.
Adds a user interface (UI) change to enable a connected headset to automatically disconnect before attempting to connect to a different headset when the user chooses to connect to a second headset.
Fixes check for invalid device name.
Fixes issue where handheld could not reconnect to remote device after a page timeout.
Fixes Object push profile update so it sends all files.
Updates FTP connection wizard to correct service discovery issue.
Fixes issue with call waiting for incoming call handling while dialing out.
Fixes issue with headset connection icon so it is correctly displayed after power cycling.
Fixes audio to make it compatible with an in-car solution.
Fixes audio issue where the right channel for a headset was unavailable for playing audio and during calls.
Fixes issue where the LED and network status were not properly synchronized.
Fixes issue where the user could not send multimedia messaging (MMS) message.
Provides GSM Firmware version 541d Update, which:
Supports 64-KB SIM cards.
Improves call handling.
Provides Wireless LAN Driver build 62, which:
Improves reception and roaming.
Extends the maximum length of lightweight extensible authentication protocol (LEAP) username and password to 63 characters.
Provides Bluetooth Software version 184.108.40.20601, which:
Improves headset compatibility.
Improves headset reconnection when returning into service area.
Adds support for Siemens car adapter kit.
Enables pairing using 16-character PIN code.
Increases the paging-pool size from 4 MB to 6 MB.
Activates echo cancellation for wired headset.
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.7.1 (or later) is required.
PURPOSE:RecommendedOPERATING SYSTEM(S):Microsoft Windows Mobile for Pocket PC Phone Edition 2003NOTE:Use Microsoft ActiveSync to synchronize the personal information manager (PIM) data with Microsoft Outlook on a desktop and to save a copy of user data, if any, before performing the ROM update. After completing the ROM update, establish a new ActiveSync partnership with the desktop. The handheld will be synchronized with the PIM data from Outlook. Reinstall any user-installed programs and user data, if necessary.
Because of changes in the registry and system files introduced by the new ROM, the new ROM will not recognize a backup file generated using the previous ROM.
HOW TO USE:
- Download the SoftPaq .EXE to a directory on your hard drive.
- Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to unpack the ROM Update files to a directory. (NOTE: This directory should not contain any file or folder from any previous ROM Upgrade.)
- Establish an Activesync connection between the handheld and host PC using the USB connection.
- At this point, RUU.exe should start automatically. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the ROM upgrade.
NOTE: Once the update is complete, the .EXE file downloaded in Step 1 can be deleted, if desired.
- During the update, the ROM Update Utility will:
- Query the handheld for current ROM image information.
- Validate that the new ROM image is compatible with the handheld.
- Automatically place the handheld in Flash mode.
- Update the ROM image on the handheld.
- IMPORTANT: Disable the Standby and Hibernation modes on the host PC. If Standby or Hibernation mode is activated during the upgrade process, a critical error may occur.
- IMPORTANT: Plan enough time to complete the update. The total time to perform this ROM update is estimated at 20 minutes with a USB connection.
- IMPORTANT: Do not interact with the handheld or remove it from AC power or the cradle/cable once the status bar appears on the handheld and the actual update has started.
- If an error message is displayed during the process, follow any available instructions to correct the condition and start the ROM Update Utility again.
- The update process can be performed while connected to a host PC either as a Guest or with an established partnership.
Public date: April 20, 2005
For security purposes, file downloads are protected by a verification code. To download a file, read the code printed on the picture, enter it in the text field and click the Continue button.
The verification code consists of five characters, which may be letters of the Latin alphabet and/or digits 1-9, but not zero. Please be aware that the code is case-sensitive.
If the code is entered correctly, you will be directed to the mirror selection page, from which you can download the file. If you cannot see the picture containing the code, check your browser settings.
The following settings are mandatory in order to view the code:
- Cookies must be enabled in your browser’s security settings
If you have identified errors, or any kind of inaccuracy, on our site, please let us know
via the error report form. We will endeavor to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.