Update for iPAQ Pocket PC Wireless Pack for GSM/GPRS Networks
Receives "@" symbol properly in SMS messages.
No longer displays "This operation not allowed" when calling nonexistent number.
Prompts for PIN code entry immediately upon restart.
Adding numbers to the favorites list that do not already exist in the contacts list.
Corrects "no network" issue for the H3600.
Improves GSM call quality in low signal strength areas
Improves GPRS connection reliability
Improves reliability and throughput of GSM data connections
GPRS throughput and reliability increased when highly mobile
GPRS connection startup time reduced
Application software stability on iPAQ
Sim Application toolkit support (SAT) added
Corrects Dialing Number (FDN) enhancements
USSD (unstructured supplementary services data) support added
Display of IMEI and serial number by entering *#06#
Proper display of network name and other messages in dialing window
Support for dialed numbers ending with a # symbol
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.5 or later.
VERSION: 829 (SW)
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.5 or later
HOW TO USE:
- Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive.The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
- Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to unpack the iPAQ Pocket PC Wireless Pack update software into a folder.
- Read the release_notes.rtf for more information about the enhancements and fixes.
- Execute WP829_Update.exe and follow the on-screen instruction to update your iPAQ Pocket PC Wireless Pack for GSM/GPRS Networks Software and Firmware.
- You may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1 if you wish.
Public date: January 17, 2003
For security purposes, file downloads are protected by a verification code. To download a file, read the code printed on the picture, enter it in the text field and click the Continue button.
The verification code consists of five characters, which may be letters of the Latin alphabet and/or digits 1-9, but not zero. Please be aware that the code is case-sensitive.
If the code is entered correctly, you will be directed to the mirror selection page, from which you can download the file. If you cannot see the picture containing the code, check your browser settings.
The following settings are mandatory in order to view the code:
- Cookies must be enabled in your browser’s security settings
If you have identified errors, or any kind of inaccuracy, on our site, please let us know
via the error report form. We will endeavor to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.