iPAQ H3815, H3830, H3835, H3845 and H3850 Pocket PC ROM Update
Adds support for specific SD formats to prevent unnecessary formatting when an SD card is inserted
LED reminder to flash LED for more than 5 minutes
Battery gauge to show proper reading after removing from AC power
Lockup at the red and white screen during boot up
Windows Media Player skip, jump to the next song, and no audio while playing from an SD card
The error message “Project1.vb requires Visual Basic for Windows CE version 2.0(\windows\pvbhost2.dll) which is not installed.” (French only)
Completely remove cached deleted text from the inbox
All fixes included within EUU Version 1.00
Temporary Backlight Off using the power button
Improves Screen Calibration test
Improves Virtual Memory utilization
Battery run-time improvement for the Expansion Pack Plus accessories
Adds support for Microsoft Server ActiveSync client
All enhancements included in EUU Version 1.00
Microsoft Pocket PC 2002
This ROM version contains the following previously released driver updates and patches for the models listed:
iPAQ H3800 Series Driver Updates
iPAQ Pocket PC 2002 End User Update (EUU) Version 1.00
Device Manager Update from the Compaq Expansion Pack Plus CD
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.5
HOW TO USE:
- Download the SoftPaq to a directory on your hard drive.The file downloaded is a self-extracting executable with a filename based on the SoftPaq Number above.
- Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to unpack the ROM Update files to a directory (NOTE: this directory should not contain any files or folders from any previous ROM Upgrade)
- Execute the UpgradeUt.exe file from within the directory that was created from step 2 to begin the upgrade process and follow the instructions displayed by the ROM Upgrade Utility.
- You may delete the self-extracting file downloaded in step 1 if you wish.
- After the installation is complete, you may delete the directory created in step 2 if you wish.
- During the update, the ROM Update Utility will:
- Query your device for current ROM image information.
- Validate that the new ROM image is compatible with your device.
- Allow you to back up your current ROM image.
- Update or restore the ROM image on your device.
- Important: Disable the standby and hibernation modes on your host PC. If standby or hibernation are activated during the upgrade process, a critical error may occur.
- Plan for enough time to start and complete the update process.The total time to perform a ROM backup and a ROM update is estimated to be as follows:
*USB - 30 minutes
*Serial - 1 hour and 45 minutes
- Important: Do not interact with your device or remove it from power or the cradle/cable once the actual update has started.
- The update process can be performed on a device connecting to a host PC as an established partnership or as a guest.
- When the ROM Update Utility is used on a host PC for the first time, the Operating System may not recognize the iPAQ as a USB device after placing the iPAQ in update mode.Ensure the iPAQ is recognized by waiting for the host PC to properly find and install the USB driver again before continuing the update process.(This is not to be confused with the ActiveSync warning, "Device Not Recognized".)
Public date: July 29, 2002
For security purposes, file downloads are protected by a verification code. To download a file, read the code printed on the picture, enter it in the text field and click the Continue button.
The verification code consists of five characters, which may be letters of the Latin alphabet and/or digits 1-9, but not zero. Please be aware that the code is case-sensitive.
If the code is entered correctly, you will be directed to the mirror selection page, from which you can download the file. If you cannot see the picture containing the code, check your browser settings.
The following settings are mandatory in order to view the code:
- Cookies must be enabled in your browserâ€™s security settings
If you have identified errors, or any kind of inaccuracy, on our site, please let us know
via the error report form. We will endeavor to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.